Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Taking back summer- Day 1

I have been working this month, A LOT! We've missed out on something called Summer!
We all needed a break....it was nice!

We actually have 2 adoption agencies that we have worked with through the years. Our main agency is in Arizona, but our placing agency is located here in California. I received an email from them about a week ago planning an end of summer pool party and completely jumped for joy. My heart has always been to surround our kids with other AP's and their families. I was even more excited when I found out the hosting family lives in a neighborhood nearby.

We all had a blast today. Their were two other boys right around the same age as my boys so they all had a blast. One family had an older daughter and she absolutely loved playing with Maya, so it was fun that I could meet some of the moms. There weren't many there, but that does make it better. One mom is in the process and had such valuable questions that she asked. It was great to think back and remember our own process and how far we really have come. It also breaks my heart to hear about how long the process takes now.

But we all enjoyed some time out in the sun!!!

Boys hanging out. Mine is in the middle

My waterbug! It was hard to catch her and dry her off!!!

Pretty sure Kai had the whole deep end to himself here